The Twelve Houses that you can ad-just in Solar Returns
Focus only on the three main elements of a chart (the Sun sign, the Moon sign and the Rising sign): they give rise to 12 x 12 x 12 = 1,728 combinations. So, in my opinion, on the one hand certain readers may have the need of a protective womb to guide them by the hand, step by step, through the pages of a manual containing all the possible variables that one might meet when reading a chart of Solar Return.
1) In which House of the natal chart lies the Ascendant of the SR;
2) In which House of the Solar Return chart exists a stellium (if any) of the SR;
3) In which House of the Solar Return chart is the Sun of the SR located;.
4) In which House of the Solar Return chart is Mars of the SR located;
5) Everything else, but far less.