The Sun and Moon
It is the time in which the Moon progresses through all the signs of the Zodiac from one conjunction with the Sun (New Moon) to the next. Since the New Moon is a time of zero reflected light, it is known as the “dark” of the Moon. The New Moon is a time of beginnings and renewal. The time span between the New and Full Moon when the Moon is increasing in light is referred to as the Moon’s “waxing” phase.
The waxing Moon period is best used to focus energies on beginning new endeavors or to put energy into projects you want to grow and prosper. When the Moon is exactly opposite the Sun, it is Full, a time of maximum Lunar light which is a time of awareness, maturity, revelation, and tension that generates a lot of energy that needs to be channeled in positive directions for progress and achievement. My favorite Full Moon exercise is to choose a project to complete or conclude so that some of the Full Moon tension is dispelled with a sense of progress and satisfaction.
If it is not possible for you to complete a project by the Full Moon, at least take it to the point where another phase in its development can unfold. If the Full Moon is a time of high stress and anxiety for you, try diffusing some of the soothing essential oils like lavender, geranium, spearmint, ylang-ylang, vetiver, or sandalwood (diffuse with orange or lemon oil). The time between the Full Moon and the New Moon is known as the “waning” period in the Lunar Cycle when the Lunar light is decreasing to its next New Moon or “dark” phase. The waning time span is good for completing projects, tying up loose ends, paying down debts, paying off bills, returning favors, or beginning a weight loss diet. The dates below are for the New and Full Moons in 2023. Refer to each month for the New and Full Moon horoscopes with commentary.
|New Moon||Full Moon|
|December 23, 2022||January 6|
|January 21||March 7|
| March 21|
April 20 Solar Eclipse
October 14 Solar Eclipse
May 5 Lunar Eclipse
October 28 Lunar Eclipse
ASTROSIGNATURE FOR THE COMING 2023 HOROSCOPE
2023 begins with Ceres in Libra Learn More...
- Jupiter begins 2023 in Aries (entered on December 20, 2022) and makes a quick trip through the sign entering Taurus on May 16...learn more...
- Transiting SATURN 2023 Start in Aquarius sign
- Mars is retrograde once every two years for about 2 ½ months; Learn More..
- 2023 Long-range Planning Using Astrosignature, If you want to know when to expect the major transition periods of your life, consider the cycle of the transiting outer planets....
- Astrosignature Transits and Timing – 2023, The Sun and Moon The 28-day Lunar Cycle is central to astrology..