2023 Long-range Planning Using Astrosignature
If you want to know when to expect the major transition periods of your life, consider the cycle of the transiting outer planets.
VENUS TRANSIT 2023
Venus is the planet of love, relationships, social activities, arts and entertainment, money, possessions, and values in general; in short, everything you value, enjoy, and find aesthetically pleasing in life. Venus rules both Taurus and Libra.
As the ruler of Taurus, Venus is practical and materialistic. As the ruler of Libra, it centers on relationships and connecting with others, harmony, balance, and fairness. Venus’ movement has been documented in the Month to Month—2023 section of this forecast.
Venus will turn retrograde at 28 Leo 36 on July 22, 2023, and will continue retrograde until September 3, 2023, when it turns direct at 12 Leo 12. The retrograde period of Venus is part of a 5-step 8-year integrations cycle in which Venus returns to the same basic area of the Zodiac every eight years…which brings us to - What were you doing eight years ago??
The Venus retrograde period is a time of re-evaluating, reviewing, redefining, reconsidering, restructuring, and altering your plans and goals. You may feel off balance and grumpy as others around you complain and criticize. In some cases, it may be a time of retreat as you regroup and look for the things you may have missed in Venus’ first passing or study your personal finances. The area of your natal chart holding Venus retrograde becomes a weak point where you feel especially vulnerable and subject to attack.
- Jupiter begins 2023 in Aries (entered on December 20, 2022) and makes a quick trip through the sign entering Taurus on May 16...learn more...
- 2023 begins with Ceres in Libra Learn More...
- Transiting SATURN 2023 Start in Aquarius sign
- Mars is retrograde once every two years for about 2 ½ months; Learn More..
- 2023 Long-range Planning Using Astrosignature, If you want to know when to expect the major transition periods of your life, consider the cycle of the transiting outer planets....
- Astrosignature Transits and Timing – 2023, The Sun and Moon The 28-day Lunar Cycle is central to astrology..
In Leo, Venus retrograde is social but may hold back from social activities because of feeling unwelcome or purposely excluded for some reason. You may also feel unloved, unappreciated, or unattractive at this time. In some instances, you may feel that you are not receiving the commitment or loyalty you need for happiness and harmony in a relationship. In addition, old relationships and the wounds/scars they left behind might complicate a new relationship bringing forth personal issues that need to be addressed.
Problems with children or dissatisfaction with a creative project are possible at this time. In addition, it is not a good time to make major changes in your appearance (like plastic surgery) because it might leave you feeling even more dissatisfied with your appearance than ever. It is especially not a good time for marriage, launching a legal matter, or signing important legal contracts. Give relationships time to grow and develop while Venus is retrograde instead of pushing for more than the other person is inclined to give at this time.
The cycle of these planets in aspect to their natal position is very rich and somewhat more universal.
Everyone gets a Saturn return around the age of twenty-eight or twenty-nine; everyone endures the Uranian identity crises of ages twenty-one and forty-two; no one enjoys Pluto's square (ages vary depending on Pluto's sign at your birth, but you'll go through it with your age cohort).
Sketch out Saturn's squares, oppositions, and conjunctions with the natal position. Note Uranus's squares and opposition.
List Neptune's sextile, square, and opposition.
- Solar Return Chart MARS-NEPTUNE Aspect
- Solar Return Chart MOON-NEPTUNE aspect
- Solar Return chart MERCURY - NEPTUNE Aspect
- Solar Return chart VENUS - NEPTUNE Aspect
Everything you need to know about NEPTUNE Return in your Natal Chart
Because Neptune takes an incredibly long time to make a complete tour of the zodiac, you won’t experience its full cycle in your lifetime. You can, however, reasonably expect to experience four major aspects between transiting Neptune to your natal Neptune. Learn More...
Pin down the dates of Pluto's sextile, square (especially), and trine. Along with these planets crossing the angles of your chart, this will give you a very succinct framework for anticipating the milestones of your life.
- Solar return chart PLUTO - VENUS Aspect
- Solar Return chart MARS - PLUTO Aspect
- Solar Return chart MOON-PLUTO Aspect
- Solar return chart MERCURY - PLUTO Aspect
The slow-moving transiting planets are really the planets of destiny. They're the big guys whose transits have a deeply—and usually permanently—transformative effect on your life.
Jupiter's returns every twelve years divide your life into important periods of expansion. All things being equal, these are usually years when good breaks come your way. Jupiter's op-positions are a low point in the cycle and represent years with significant setbacks.
The Jupiter cycle can be divided into four segments of about three years each. Learn more...
When Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto crosses one of the angles of your birth chart, the wheel of your life is pulled sharply, and you jolt in a new direction. Other aspects from these planets to the angles of the chart are important, too, but these are the huge, obvious ones. Sketch them out on a piece of paper. Give them a few degrees of orb. You'll quickly glimpse some of the most pivotal moments
Finally, note the years when Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto will make a conjunction, square, or opposition to the Sun and Moon in your chart. Their aspects to other natal planets are important, too, of course, but their aspects to the Sun and Moon are particularly crucial, and important transits to these points will usually make for some very interesting years.
SUMMARY: LONG-RANGE PLANNING IN ASTROLOGY
• Map out a time line based on the naturally recurring cycles for each planet. find the ages when each slow-moving planet reaches critical points in its cycle.
• Note the years of your Jupiter returns, which occur about every twelve years from your birth.
• Mark the years when Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto will cross the angles of your birth chart. Saturn will normally cross every angle at least twice, twenty-nine years apart. Uranus will cross every angle for those who live to age eighty-four. Nep-tune and Pluto will typically cross a couple of the four angles once in your lifetime.
• Note the years when Saturn, Uranus,
Neptune, or Pluto will make a conjunction, square, or opposition to the Sun and Moon in your chart. While these outer planets' aspects to other natal planets are important, their aspects to the Sun and Moon are particularly crucial.